Sunday, January 1, 2012

18 Weeks Pregnant

First, let me apologize for the messiness of my blog. I am in the process of redecorating but I seem to be getting distracted by things like...sleep, sleep, oh...and sleep! 


I am going to try to start doing weekly updates about my pregnancy so that anyone who wishes to keep up can just bookmark my blog and visit as often as they'd like. I am not well-disciplined so please don't be upset with me if I neglect to update regularly. I am going to try my hardest to be a better blogger in 2012!


So far, everything is going well with the pregnancy. The first trimester was actually a breeze! I had very little morning sickness, and what I did have was much milder than I anticipated. You'd think that I would enjoy that, right? Nope! I worried myself nearly to death about WHY I wasn't having morning sickness and fearing that something could be wrong. To my great relief (ha!) I ended up having second trimester sickness that lasted from about 11 weeks until 16.5 weeks. That's still not too shabby so I'm not going to complain. 


I've been following The Little Green Family blog which has really helped put things into perspective for me. Katie Green found out she was having a Trisomy 13 baby at her 18 week ultrasound. She documented her pregnancy and even shared the news of little Hallie's birth for the world to see. I will be borrowing some of her creative ideas to document my pregnancy and I HIGHLY recommend that each of you at least take the time to read this family's story. 




Baby is the size of: A big pickle!




Symptoms: I'm having some discomfort with heartburn and shortness of breath. Otherwise, I feel pretty good!




Maternity clothes?: Maternity clothes are still baggy on me, but I have definitely outgrown all my regular jeans. I mostly rock sweatpants these days. ;-)




Sleep: I'm sleeping great! I am trying desperately to stop sleeping on my stomach, but I wake up in the middle of the night and there I lay!




Fun moment(s) this past week: It was great to finally start decorating the nursery! We Thomas is busy getting the walls ready for prime and paint!




Movement: I have felt little flutters in my pelvic area, which I absolutely LOVE! It's a feeling that's hard to describe.




Food Cravings: I'm not really craving anything yet!




Gender & Name: We find out the sex of the baby in TWO DAYS! We are still undecided about names.




Weight Gained: I'll find out on the 3rd, but I'm very afraid!




What am I looking forward to: I am super excited about this appointment coming up. I haven't had an ultrasound since I was 6 weeks and I just want to see my little one so badly! I am ecstatic to hopefully find out the gender as well!









2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and Thomas and your little one on the way. I can't wait til Ray and I can be so lucky; trying and trying with all the negatives we get are frustrating. I find hope and inspiration in the Green family's pregnancy. Wishing you a continuously happy and stress free pregnancy, y'all truly deserve this!& I love the blog idea.
    -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you Tabitha. I know how frustrating it is to wait, but don't give up. It really seems that the moment you stop stressing about it, you'll get that big fat positive! You will be a wonderful mother. :-)

    ReplyDelete