Sunday, January 29, 2012

Miss Austyn Alexandria

Yep! You heard it first - Thomas and I have decided on a name for our little princess! I couldn't be happier to announce that she will be dubbed Austyn Alexandria Cartledge. I think it's a beautiful name! We are both happy and we agree that it's the perfect name for our daughter!

Last Wednesday (1/25/12) I was watching TV and heard/saw the name "Alston" and thought it was so pretty! I started to text Thomas at work and ask him if he liked the name, but I figured he would turn it down so I deleted the text and decided I would casually mention it to him later. Lo and behold! Thomas asked me about the name later that evening and I knew it was fate! 

You don't have to state the obvious, people. I know that the name Austin is rather boy-ish. I don't care. I love it! I researched some spelling ideas and found that "Alston" is typically the spelling for a last name. "Austin" is the way a boy would spell it. "Austyn" is becoming more popular as the female version, so it's set! We wanted her to have a super feminine middle name, and Thomas asked about Alexandria (which is a FIRST name that we discussed previously). So - there you have it, our baby girl finally has a name! :-)



22 WEEKS




I am now 22 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty good! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by! I only have 6 more weeks until I'm in the THIRD and FINAL trimester! Ahhhh!!!!


Baby is the size of: A spaghetti squash (11 inches, 1 pound)

 




Symptoms: Killerrrrrr heartburn. I have an appointment on Tuesday and plan on asking for something besides Tums for indigestion. It's terrible!




Maternity clothes?: I am wearing maternity clothes because they are more comfortable, but I'm STILL not filling them out yet. I'm waiting for the infamous "pop" but the wait is agonizing!




Sleep: I sleep good some nights, and other nights I toss and turn. I have to wake up and take Tums for heartburn. I don't have to pee quite as often, but the tiniest sounds wake me up. 




Fun moment(s) this past week: We're still plugging away at the nursery. I'm excited to have it painted so I can start putting my own touches on it. 




Movement: Her movements are stronger and more regular now! I can feel her rolling around and dancing in my tummy, and it is THE MOST AMAZING FEELING EVER! I could lay there and marvel at her dance moves all. day. long!!!




Food Cravings: I still love eating pizza and usually indulge about 2x per week. Today I am craving vanilla soft-serve ice cream. 








Gender & Name: Girl. Austyn Alexandria




Weight Gained: 18 pounds. Eeeekkk!!




What am I looking forward to: I am SO looking forward to our 4D Ultrasound on February 28th!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment